Friday 2 February 2018

4 Fingers


2018 welcomed me in having to pay for my subsequent semester school fees.  A 4-figure sum that could buy me a Chanel classic bag. 
Today, you're paying your degree fees. 
Tomorrow, you are choosing your favourite Saint Laurent bag. 

Patience Nabilah, hahaha.

I was roaming around Plaza Singapura right from school. I headed to Cold Storage just to find Acai Berry Pulp frozen pack, only to find out it wasnt available. Bummer.

And then I was walking down the shopping aisle and saw '4 Fingers'. To me 4 Fingers serves the best cooked marinated chicken ever! It triumphs over KFC, Hajah Maimunah and my mom's chicken! You should try if you havent, and I tell you, u'll get addicted!

Anyway back to my story, as I chanced upon 4 Fingers, my heart wanted to buy chickens for my family. But not too long ago, I just paid for my hefty school fees and then thought to myself 'Wait for your next pay, Bil. U have spent so much this month'. I received a whatsapp notification from Raudhah saying 'Kak Asyura cooked kway teow goreng with prawns'. I was so delighted and rushed to go home although my heart and soul in wanting for 4 Fingers still stay intact.

When I reached home, Asyura said to Ismail 'Oh hor, you finished the food'. In that moment I know my lil brother has just ate my portion without me asking. At a quick instant, Raudhah came to me and exclaimed 'Kak, I whipped for you Korean Noodle ok?'

I know Raudhah meant well. Cause normally, when my siblings finish off my food, the angelic Nabilah will turn into a Monstrous Nabilah. Very unsightly human creature you'll ever seen.

I enjoyed Raudhah's cooking while scrolling down my Instagram feed. It dawned on me that Ive improved on my anger and patience. That was not to shout at Ismail for finishing up my food. Few mins later, Isa returned home and i heard a loud cheer that went 'OH MY GOD 4 FINGERS!'


That instant, I felt so grateful to Allah.

There are 2 things which I learnt about myself today.
I would always flare up if someone eats my food but today I practice patience (my 2018 resolution?) and I was so calmed when Ismail finished my food.


The power of spending things for the family. Rmb, I wanted to buy 4 Fingers for my family, and I had not much left? But then i consoled myself that they would always be a next time. And then Allah sent the 4 Fingers through my lil brother , Isa.


I think that's the reward of being patience. You'll get 4 Fingers. Haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment