Wednesday 20 April 2016

The Ladies Souq By The WTB Diary 1

Assalamualaikum! So in this entry, I’m gonna blog about a bazaar event which Hey Hayfa recently took part on 25 March 2016! Im so excited to even blog about it because it was our first ever public appearance to our offline customers! Ya’ ready to view awesome pictures and videos?

The founder of The WTB Diary is Sarah Afiqa. When I viewed her ig post informing that she was calling for girl bosses to join this bazaar, I literally got hyped up! It’s because I’ve been finding for somewhat ‘flea’ or an event to sell and showcase my brand products to public. Without wasting any more time, I quickly get a booth and do you know that we took part in the muslimah fashion show too?

Questions towards taking part in the event
   1)      Can I cover my rent?
   2)      What should I bring and sell for this event?
   3)      Have I gotten my paper bag ready?
   4)      How many railings should I bring?
   5)      Should I bring decorative stuff for my booth?
   6)      What if there’s no one approaching my booth?
   7)      What if my models fall down during fashion show?

So many ‘what ifs and how and what’ were playing through my mind. The most anticipated feeling for me was, I was really scared if no one buys and approaches my booth. But hey, read on…

Answers after taking part in the event
   1)    Can I cover my rent?
YES INSYA'ALLAH MOST LIKELY. If not, there weren’t be many vendors coming back for The Ladies Souq 2 hehe.


Sissy maintaining the merchandises.

   2)   What should I bring and sell for this event?
You should bring your recent collections that you just launched in IG. And also for fun selling, you should bring new collection that haven’t been launched or photoshoot yet. Customers will feel honored that you sell and introduce to them first




Model wearing Hayfa Division Jubah.



Models wearing new collection; Hayfa Chill Jubah

   3)    Have I gotten my paper bags ready?
As it was a last minute kinda thing for us, I didn’t manage to customize my paper bag to put our Hey Hayfa logo in it. So I just bought a normal white paper bags packaging online. And yes for The Ladies Souq Raya version, Hey Hayfa’s gonna have our own packaging bag! Yippee yay!



So tak class with plain paper bag! haha

   4)   How many railings should I bring?
We brought only 1 railing because we think one sufficed. BUT NO NO. Customers were like grabbing the jubahs, and to some extent, there wasn’t any jubah left in that railing. So if you have many apparels to sell especially different sizes, colours and collections, it is advisable to bring more than one railing. But please before bringing many railings, contact the wtb team to know whether your booth space is enough to occupy those.




   5)    Should I bring decorative stuff for my booth?
For Hey Hayfa, yes we did! I brought my fruits and vegetables cushion! I don’t know but I like cute and unique stuff haha. Decorate your booth well so when customers see that your booth is unique , the next perception they had is;you guys are ampt and well prepared to make your booth stand out!



   6)   What if there’s no one approaching my booth? *Choy*
This question was lingering through my mind almost every day before the event started. But rezeki di tangan Allah. You have to tawakkal and berdoa to Allah that people will come to your booth. And guess what, I was so tired cause many customers came to our booth nonstop! Masya’allah!




   7)    What if my models fall down during fashion show?
This question uh. Hahah. So far none of my models tripped so let’s just skip. lol


My pretty models!

All in all, my sister and I had fun in having a last minute booth with WTB Diary. Special thanks to #heyhayfasquad for always helping and assisting us from setting up the booth to packing up our merchandises. Thanks to our awesome models who rock our jubahs while sashaying down the aisle! And not forgetting our talented photographer & videographer from Asyari Photography! If not for their photography services, ya not able to see amazing pictures here.

Hey Hayfa will be joining The Ladies Souq 2 Raya version on 28 May @ Aliwal Arts Centre.


You coming?





No comments:

Post a Comment